1. Arizona (15-0, 2-0 Pac-12). Last week: 1
Arizona blew out Washington State and then defeated a tough Washington team to begin Pac-12 play. The Wildcats take their first road trip of the conference season at UCLA and US this week.
2. Ohio State (15-0, 2-0 B1G). Last week: 2
Ohio State’s perfect season continued into Big Ten play last week as the Buckeyes defeated Purdue and Nebraska. They will have their toughest test of the year at Michigan State on Tuesday night.
3. Syracuse (14-0, 1-0 ACC). Last week: 3
Syracuse survived an ugly game against Miami (FL) in its ACC opener, winning 49-44. The Orange play another one of the ACC’s bottom teams in Virginia Tech on Tuesday.
4. Wisconsin (15-0, 2-0 B1G). Last week: 4
Wisconsin survived Iowa’s upset bid on Sunday night to remain unbeaten this season. The Badgers look to continue their best start in nearly a century against Illinois this week.
5. Michigan State (13-1, 2-0 B1G). Last week: 5
Michigan State defeated Penn State and Indiana on the road, each by double digits, in its first two Big Ten games. The Spartans host Ohio State on Tuesday night with the loser picking up its first Big Ten loss.
6. Iowa State (13-0, 1-0 Big 12). Last week: 8
Iowa State warded off Texas Tech on the road Saturday to keep its undefeated season alive. The Cyclones will face their toughest test of the year thus far on Tuesday when they host Baylor.
7. Wichita State (15-0, 2-0 MVC). Last week: 7
With wins against Southern Illinois and Northern Iowa, Wichita State in 2-0 in the MVC. The Shockers will face Illinois State and Missouri State this week.
8. Louisville (13-2, 2-0 American). Last week: 9
Louisville won at UCF and Rutgers in its first two AAC games. The Cardinals can get their first win against nationally ranked competition Thursday when they host Memphis.
9. Oregon (13-1, 1-1 Pac-12). Last week: 13
In the toughest Pac-12 road trip of the season, Oregon beat Utah but lost to Colorado. The Ducks return home for California and Stanford this week.
10. Baylor (12-1). Last week: 11
Baylor breezed through its final non-conference game against Savannah State. The Bears have a very tough Big 12 opener Tuesday night at Iowa State.
11. Villanova (13-1, 2-0 Big East). Last week: 15
Villanova needed overtime to beat Butler in its Big East opener, but it had no problem with Providence on Sunday. The Wildcats head north to face Seton Hall and St. John’s this week.
12. Florida (11-2). Last week: 12
Florida survived Richmond’s upset bid to extend its winning streak to five games. The Gators begin SEC play against South Carolina on Wednesday.
13. Oklahoma State (12-2, 0-1 Big 12). Last week: 6
Oklahoma State’s five-game winning streak ended with a loss at Kansas State in its Big 12 opener. The Cowboys return to Stillwater on Wednesday to face Texas.
14. Kentucky (10-3). Last week: 14
Kentucky will open SEC play at home against Mississippi State on Wednesday.
15. San Diego State (12-1, 1-0 MWC). Last week: 23
San Diego State had a phenomenal week with road wins against Colorado State and Kansas. The Aztecs’ only loss is to Arizona, and they have additional wins against Creighton and Marquette.
16. Colorado (11-4, 2-0 Pac-12). Last week: 18
Colorado picked up another Top-25 win, defeating Oregon on Sunday night. The Buffaloes will take their first road trip of the Pac-12 season this week, facing Washington State and Washington.
17. Kansas (9-4). Last week: 17
Though Kansas handed Toledo’s its first loss of the season to start the week, it was upset by San Diego State on Sunday, 61-57. At 9-4, the Jayhawks enter Big 12 play Wednesday at Oklahoma.
18. Duke (11-3, 0-1 ACC). Last week: 10
Duke lost its ACC opener at the hands of the depleted Notre Dame Fighting Irish. The Blue Devils return to their home court, where they have not lost this season, to play Georgia Tech on Tuesday.
19. Massachusetts (12-1). Last week: 19
Massachusetts defeated Miami (OH) in a close game on Saturday to finish non-conference play. Next up for the Minutemen is St. Joseph’s in their Atlantic 10 opener on Wednesday.
20. Illinois (13-2, 2-0 B1G). Last week: 25
Illinois is off to a hot start in the Big Ten at 2-0, with wins against Indiana and Penn State at home. The Illini hit the road for the first time of the conference year at Wisconsin on Wednesday.
21. Iowa (12-3, 1-1 B1G). Last week: 21
Iowa was handed its first Big Ten loss at Wisconsin on Sunday night. The Hawkeyes are now 0-3 against teams currently ranked in the Top 25.
22. Memphis (10-3, 1-1 American). Last week: 20
Memphis’ three-game winning streak ended Saturday with a 16-point loss at home to Cincinnati. The Tigers are on the road this week at Temple and Louisville.
23. Connecticut (11-3, 0-2 American). Last week: 16
Connecticut dropped to 0-2 in the AAC with road losses to Houston and Southern Methodist. The Huskies have another tough game against Harvard on Wednesday.
24. Cincinnati (13-2, 2-0 American). Last week: Unranked
Cincinnati has won six games in a row and is off to a 2-0 start in the AAC. The Bearcats most recently won at Memphis.
25. Harvard (13-1). Last week: Unranked
Harvard can solidify its Top-25 status with a win at Connecticut on Wednesday night.
Others considered: Michigan, Pittsburgh, Creighton, UCLA, North Carolina, Missouri, Gonzaga, Kansas State
Dropped: North Carolina, Michigan