1. Gonzaga (18-1, 7-0 WCC). Last week: 1
Gonzaga’s winning streak nearly ended at Pepperdine, but the Bulldogs squeezed out a win there. They followed that with a 72-55 victory at Loyola Marymount. Next up is a Thursday battle for first place in the WCC against Saint Mary’s.
2. Wichita State (16-2, 6-0 MVC). Last week: 2
Wichita State has won each of its last four MVC games by double figures. The Shockers have now won 27 games in a row against conference opponents, and that number is expected to reach 29 with games against Missouri State and Drake this week.
3. Northern Iowa (16-2, 5-1 MVC). Last week: 3
Northern Iowa has been on a roll ever since losing its MVC opener. The Panthers have two big matchups this week against Indiana State and Illinois State.
4. Old Dominion (15-2, 4-1 C-USA). Last week: 4
Old Dominion had a good and fairly easy week with home wins against Rice and North Texas. The Monarchs are on the road this coming week against Middle Tennessee and UAB.
5. Saint Mary’s (15-3, 7-0 WCC). Last week: 9
Saint Mary’s is quietly having a fantastic season. The Gaels can take control of first place in the WCC with a win Thursday at Gonzaga.
6. Green Bay (15-4, 4-1 Horizon). Last week: 5
Green Bay lost a close game at Oakland but responded with a close win at Detroit over the weekend. After hosting UIC on Tuesday, the Phoenix play a huge game against Valparaiso.
7. Louisiana Tech (14-4, 5-0 C-USA). Last week: 8
Louisiana Tech remained tied with Western Kentucky atop the Conference USA standings. The Bulldogs are on the road this week, but they face two of the conference’s worst teams in Rice and North Texas.
8. Stephen F. Austin (14-3, 4-0 Southland). Last week: 10
Stephen F. Austin has been cruising against Southland competition. But the Lumberjacks have to play at Sam Houston State, which is also undefeated in conference play, this weekend.
9. UTEP (12-5, 4-1 C-USA). Last week: 12
UTEP had no problem last week defeating UTSA on the road. The Miners continue their road trip Thursday at Western Kentucky.
10. Murray State (15-4, 5-0 OVC). Last week: 13
Murray State has been on fire. The Racers have not lost since Nov. 29, but they have to play Thursday at Eastern Illinois, which is 6-0 in the OVC.
11. Harvard (10-4, 1-0 Ivy). Last week: 6
Harvard’s three-game winning streak ended Wednesday with an overtime loss at Boston College. The Crimson play one final non-conference game Tuesday at Bryant.
12. Wofford (14-5, 5-1 SoCon). Last week: 7
Wofford was upset by the Citadel but bounced back with a win against Chattanooga to remain tied in the loss column for first place in the SoCon. The Terriers host Furman and East Tennessee State this week.
13. Valparaiso (17-3, 4-1 Horizon). Last week: 14
Valparaiso looked sharp again last weekend in a win at Wright State. The Crusaders travel to last place Youngstown State and then remain on the road to face conference favorite Green Bay.
14. BYU (15-6, 5-3 WCC). Last week: 11
BYU fell to fourth place in the WCC with a loss Saturday at Saint Mary’s. The Cougars face a pesky San Diego team this coming Saturday.
15. Northeastern (13-5, 5-1 CAA). Last week: 15
Northeastern survived home matchups against Hofstra and Charleston to stay tied for first place in the CAA. The Huskies make a brief return to non-conference play Monday, when they host Detroit.
16. Western Kentucky (12-5, 5-0 C-USA). Last week: 16
Western Kentucky came close to losing twice last week but escaped with two wins instead. The Hilltoppers host UTEP on Thursday.
17. Eastern Washington (13-5, 4-1 Big Sky). Last week: 17
Eastern Washington’s perfect start to Big Sky play ended Saturday with a loss at Sacramento State. The Eagles return home for the first time in almost 20 days with a Thursday game against Northern Colorado.
18. Kent State (12-5, 3-1 MAC). Last week: 20
Kent State defeated Eastern Michigan and Ohio at home to stay knotted in a four-way tie for first place in the MAC East. The Golden Flashes play against two MAC West teams, Toledo and Ball State, this week.
19. Yale (12-6, 1-0 Ivy). Last week: 21
Yale looks to sweep Brown when the teams meet again Saturday.
20. Coastal Carolina (14-4, 5-1 Big South). Last week: 19
Coastal Carolina’s six-game winning streak ended Thursday with a home loss to Gardner-Webb. The Chanticleers still hold a half-game lead on first place in the Big South, but they have to play Thursday at UNC-Asheville, which is 4-1.
21. Iona (13-6, 6-2 MAAC). Last week: 18
Iona lost starting wing Isaiah Williams for several weeks, and it hurt the Gaels during their western New York road trip. They just barely survived Niagara and then lost to Canisius.
22. UC Davis (14-3, 4-0 Big West). Last week: Unranked
UC Davis has been tearing up the Big West. Three of the Aggies’ four conference wins have come by double digits, and they are the only unbeaten team in the league.
23. Pepperdine (12-6, 5-2 WCC). Last week: Unranked
Pepperdine put up a heck of a fight against Gonzaga and rebounded with a solid win against Portland. The Waves will be tested in the coming weeks with a four-game road trip.
24. Evansville (13-5, 3-3 MVC). Last week: 23
Evansville had an opportunity Saturday for a huge win with Wichita State visiting the Ford Center, but the Aces were blown away by 20 points. They play another big game Wednesday at Loyola (Chicago).
25. Buffalo (12-4, 3-1 MAC). Last week: 25
Buffalo is another one of the leaders in the MAC West at 3-1. To win their third straight game, the Bulls will need to stop Central Michigan and one of the nation’s best offenses Wednesday.