1. Gonzaga (28-1, 16-0 WCC). Last week: 1
Gonzaga used a second-half comeback at Saint Mary’s to stay unbeaten in conference play. The Bulldogs now have a 21-game winning streak, and they finish the regular season with home games against San Diego and BYU.
2. Northern Iowa (26-2, 15-1 MVC). Last week: 2
Northern Iowa blew out Loyola (Chicago) and Bradley last week to stay tied with Wichita State atop the MVC standings. The Panthers host Evansville Wednesday before a season finale date with the Shockers on Saturday.
3. Wichita State (25-3, 15-1 MVC). Last week: 3
College Gameday is headed to Wichita State this weekend for a game that will likely decide the MVC regular season title. The Shockers can’t afford to get caught looking ahead to that big matchup as they have to face third-place Indiana State on the road as well this week.
4. Murray State (24-4, 14-0 OVC). Last week: 4
Murray State has already clinched an OVC title. Now the Racers are just trying to run the table. They have won 22 straiht games.
5. Stephen F. Austin (22-4, 12-1 Southland). Last week: 5
Stephen F. Austin bounced back from its first Southland loss of the season with wins against Incarnate Word and Nicholls State. The Lumberjacks play four of their final five games at home.
6. Valparaiso (25-4, 12-2 Horizon). Last week: 6
Valparaiso held off Wright State in its only game of the week to keep hold of first place in the Horizon League. The Crusaders have won seven games in a row.
7. Wofford (23-6, 14-2 SoCon). Last week: 10
Wofford kept its one-game lead in the SoCon with wins against UNC Greensboro and The Citadel last week. The Terriers finish the season on the road against Mercer and Furman.
8. Harvard (19-5, 9-1 Ivy). Last week: 11
Harvard is in full control of first place in the Ivy League. The Crimson have a pair of tricky road games this week against Cornell and Columbia.
9. Louisiana Tech (21-7, 12-3 C-USA). Last week: 8
Louisiana Tech squeaked by at Charlotte early in the week but was then blown out at Old Dominion on Saturday. The Bulldogs finish the regular season with a three-game home stand.
10. UTEP (19-7, 11-3 C-USA). Last week: 12
UTEP has won seven games in a row to claim a stake in the Conference USA title race. The Miners can move into sole possession of first place Thursday with a win at Louisiana Tech.
11. Saint Mary’s (20-7, 12-4 WCC). Last week: 9
Saint Mary’s nearly got a huge win against Gonzaga but ultimately fell 10 points short. The Gaels will likely need to win the WCC Tournament now if they are going to make the NCAA Tournament.
12. BYU (21-8, 11-5 WCC). Last week: 13
BYU has won four straight games in to keep its name in the bubble conversation. If the Cougars want any real shot at an at-large bid, they need to win at Gonzaga this weekend.
13. Old Dominion (20-6, 9-5 C-USA). Last week: 16
Old Dominion made a statement Saturday with a 72-53 win against Louisiana Tech. The Monarchs don’t have much room for error, but they are still in contention for a NCAA Tournament at-large bid.
14. Green Bay (21-7, 10-4 Horizon). Last week: 7
Green Bay fell out of the Horizon League title race Friday with an overtime loss at home to Cleveland State. The Phoenix finish the season with games they should be favored in against UIC and Oakland. Now their focus will turn to getting the No. 2 in the Horizon League Tournament, which would still give them a bye to the conference semifinals.
15. Iona (23-6, 16-2 MAAC). Last week: 17
Iona clinched another outright MAAC title Sunday with a win against Monmouth, its third championship in four seasons. The Gaels have had some close calls recently though, with their last four MAAC wins coming by an average of 2.8 points.
16. Kent State (19-8, 10-4 MAC). Last week: 20
Kent State has won three straight games to regain control of the MAC East. The Golden Flashes had lost three out of four games before that.
17. Central Michigan (20-5, 10-4 MAC). Last week: 21
Central Michigan is riding a five-game winning streak. The Chippewas have to play a pair of road games this week, but both are against teams with sub-.500 records in conference play.
18. Yale (19-8, 8-2 Ivy). Last week: 14
Yale fell to second place in the Ivy League with a loss Saturday to Columbia. Assuming Harvard does not slip up, the Bulldogs need to win out, including a victory against the Crimson, to force a one-game playoff for the conference title.
19. UC Davis (21-4, 11-1 Big West). Last week: 22
UC Davis is closing in on its first-ever Big West title. The Aggies have a two-game lead on UC Irvine with four games remaining.
20. Sam Houston State (22-5, 13-1 Southland). Last week: 23
Sam Houston State has won seven straight Southland games, keeping pace with Stephen F. Austin in the conference title race.
21. Eastern Washington (20-7, 11-3 Big Sky). Last week: 15
Eastern Washington has dropped two of its last three games, falling into a three-way tie in the loss column for first place atop the Big Sky standings. The Eagles host Montana, who is 12-3, on Saturday.
22. Toledo (18-9, 10-4 MAC). Last week: Unranked
Toledo has been on a tear in the last month. The Rockets have won eight of their last nine games, and in the only loss came by one point in overtime to Kent State.
23. South Dakota State (21-8, 12-3 Summit). Last week: 24
South Dakota State is tied atop the Summit League standings with North Dakota State, and one game remains. The Jackrabbits host South Dakota, while the Bison have to travel to Oral Roberts.
24. Florida Gulf Coast (21-7, 11-1 A-Sun). Last week: 25
Florida Gulf Coast is riding a 10-game winning streak going into the final week of the regular season. The Eagles can clinch an outright conference title Wednesday with a win against North Florida.
25. Chattanooga (20-9, 13-3 SoCon). Last week: Unranked
Chattanooga makes its first appearance in the Mid-Major Rankings after beating Mercer and East Tennessee State last week. The Mocs are one game behind Wofford in the SoCon title race.