- St. John’s freshman and Chris Mullin played horse for the coach’s retired jersey number
- VIDEO: McIntosh discusses legacy of Northwestern point guards, upcoming season and more
- 5 thoughts from UIC’s open scrimmage
- Two Illinois State players charged with misdemeanor theft
- ISU’s Hawkins suspended indefinitely
- 2016-17 Big East season preview
- Doyle named to preseason All-MVC second team
- Loyola tabbed seventh in MVC preseason poll
- 2016-17 WAC season preview
- Where did CBS rank the five Chicago schools?
WATCH: Sterling Gibbs Buzzer-Beater Sends No. 1 Seed Villanova Home
To open up quarterfinal action Thursday at the Big East Tournament, No. 8 seed Seton Hall opened up a 15-point lead on No. 1 seed Villanova, also ranked No. 3 nationally. Villanova stormed back in the second half and the teams traded go-ahead baskets in the final minute.
Villanova freshman Josh Hart converted a layup to give the Wildcats a 61-59 advantage. Then Seton Hall frosh Jaren Sina responded with a left-corner 3-pointer. Villanova’s Darrun Hillard put the Wildcats back on top with 11 seconds left.
But then Seton Hall’s Sterling Gibbs hit this step-back jumper as the buzzer sounded to send the Pirates to the Big East semifinals: