- Joe Crisman returns to Loyola as director of basketball operations
- Loyola announces 2016-17 non-conference schedule
- Loyola moves to 3-0 in Spain
- Loyola opens Spain trip with victory
- Big man Cameron Krutwig commits to Loyola
- UIC releases 2016-17 non-conference schedule
- Bradley alumni rekindle Cinderella magic at summer tournament
- Local names to play in The Basketball Tournament
- Horizon League changes conference tournament format
- Olaniyan to transfer from SIU
UIC’s Kelsey Barlow Wins Horizon League Player of the Week
UIC senior guard Kelsey Barlow has been named the Horizon League Men’s Basketball Player of the Week for the period of Dec. 9-15, as announced by the conference office on Monday morning. Barlow piloted the Flames to a road win against OVC-West favorite Southeast Missouri State (SEMO) this past Saturday, nearly missing a triple-double with 21 points, 12 rebounds and eight assists.
SEMO entered the contest with a 7-2 record and a five-game winning streak, touting the No. 13 offense in the country with an average of 87.4 points per game.
“Barlow was outstanding against the Redhawks,” said UIC head coach Howard Moore. “He stayed aggressive all game and kept looking for his teammates. He hit some clutch shots for us down stretch which really made the difference.”
The 21 and 12 performance was Barlow’s first collegiate double-double, while setting career-highs in rebounds (12) and assists (8). Both rebounding and assist totals stand as new team-season highs for the Flames.
Barlow has now scored in double digits in nine of his 10 outings and is averaging 25 points over the past four games. He is the lone Horizon League player to hold a season average of 17 points, five rebounds and four assists or more as he ranks 12th or higher in all three categories.
The Purdue transfer made program history a few weeks ago when he recorded back-to-back 30-point efforts against Wagner and SMU, becoming the first UIC player to do so since former NBA first round draft choice Sherell Ford did it in Feb. of 1995.
The Flames are back in action on Tuesday night as they host Purdue Calumet for a 7 p.m. CT tip inside the UIC Pavilion.
From UIC Press Release