- Bradley alumni rekindle Cinderella magic at summer tournament
- Local names to play in The Basketball Tournament
- Horizon League changes conference tournament format
- Olaniyan to transfer from SIU
- DePaul announces 2016-17 non-conference schedule
- Arcidiacono and Ochefu find summer league homes
- Indiana’s Ferrell and Williams sign summer league deals
- Fred VanVleet signs summer league deal with Raptors
- Wes Washpun to play summer league with Clippers
- Ron Baker signs partially guaranteed deal with New York Knicks
UIC Receives Letters of Intent From Odiase, Sims In Early Signing Period
UIC announced on Wednesday the addition of two recruits, center Tai Odiase and guard Grant Sims, during the early signing period.
“We are thrilled to have Tai and and Grant join the UIC basketball family,” said UIC head coach Howard Moore. “Both young men are not only extremely talented basketball players, but also have tremendous character. I am confident that they will help us achieve our goals as a program and continue the pride of Flames’ basketball.”
Odiase, a hometown boy from Homewood-Flossmoor High School in Chicago, received two-star ratings from ESPN, Rivals, and Scout. On ESPN, he is ranked the No. 23 player in Illinois and the No. 59 center in the Class of 2014.
Sims hails from Bloomington North High School in Indiana. He averaged 14 points, six rebounds, and three assists as a junior, and drained three-pointers at a 48-percent clip.
The two committments leave the Flames with one open scholarship when Hayden Humes, Kelsey Barlow, and Harks graduate in the spring.