- Doyle named to preseason All-MVC second team
- Loyola tabbed seventh in MVC preseason poll
- 2016-17 WAC season preview
- Where did CBS rank the five Chicago schools?
- Larkin’s Christian Negron commits to Loyola
- Dixson named to Julius Erving Award watch list
- The Catch and Shoot joins MVC preseason podcast
- VIDEO: Lumpkin evaluates season expectations at NU media day
- 2017 PF Eboigbodin fills huge need in UIC frontcourt
- Chicago State picked last in preseason WAC polls
UIC Guard Joey Miller Granted Release From Program
UIC announced Tuesday morning that junior guard Joey Miller has been granted his release from the basketball team.
“We appreciate what Joey has done for us over these past two seasons,” UIC head coach Howard Moore said. “We wish him all the best in the future.”
Miller, who transferred to UIC after spending his freshman season at Eastern Illinois, was playing in a reduced role this season, logging only 7.1 minutes and two points per game.
Although he was a bench player as a sophomore also, he had a more significant role with 14.1 minutes per game.
The Flames return to the UIC Pavilion on Wednesday night to host the Southern Methodist Mustangs at 7 p.m. CT.