- Bradley alumni rekindle Cinderella magic at summer tournament
- Local names to play in The Basketball Tournament
- Horizon League changes conference tournament format
- Olaniyan to transfer from SIU
- DePaul announces 2016-17 non-conference schedule
- Arcidiacono and Ochefu find summer league homes
- Indiana’s Ferrell and Williams sign summer league deals
- Fred VanVleet signs summer league deal with Raptors
- Wes Washpun to play summer league with Clippers
- Ron Baker signs partially guaranteed deal with New York Knicks
UIC Guard Joey Miller Granted Release From Program
UIC announced Tuesday morning that junior guard Joey Miller has been granted his release from the basketball team.
“We appreciate what Joey has done for us over these past two seasons,” UIC head coach Howard Moore said. “We wish him all the best in the future.”
Miller, who transferred to UIC after spending his freshman season at Eastern Illinois, was playing in a reduced role this season, logging only 7.1 minutes and two points per game.
Although he was a bench player as a sophomore also, he had a more significant role with 14.1 minutes per game.
The Flames return to the UIC Pavilion on Wednesday night to host the Southern Methodist Mustangs at 7 p.m. CT.