- Bruno Skokna continues emergence as Loyola pummels Wright State
- Loyola holds electric scorer Mark Alstork in check with disciplined defense
- Fans rush court as Indiana State upsets No. 16 Butler on Larry Bird’s birthday
- DePaul pulls away from Lamar for 80-61 victory
- Chicago Weekly Awards, Dec. 5
- Horizon League Power Rankings, Dec. 5
- UIC dominated defensively in 90-76 loss to Eastern Illinois
- DePaul adds 3-star Paul Reed to 2017 class
- Leitao views Northwestern as a model for how DePaul can grow
- Loyola shows growth in late-game situations in win over SDSU
UIC adds JUCO big man Kaylen Shane
UIC added another member to its 2014-15 roster with junior college center Kaylen Shane officially joining the program Tuesday. Shane, who played two years at John A. Logan College, averaged 6.7 points and 4.8 rebounds while shooting 59.8% from the field during the 2013-14 season.
“Kaylen brings great size and ability to our frontcourt,” head coach Howard Moore said. “He works well with his back to the basket and uses his tremendous strength to finish around the rim. His aggressiveness on the defensive end and high energy is a perfect fit for our program. Our staff is excited that Kaylen decided to further his playing career at home in Chicago with the Flames.”
Shane was also recruited by Wichita State, Washington State, Illinois State and others.
At 6’10” and 270 pounds, Shane adds desperately needed size to the Flames. With Jordan Harks and Hayden Humes graduating and Will Simonton leaving the program, UIC’s only returning big man is rising junior Jake Wiegand, who averaged 7.5 points and 5.1 rebounds.
Shane should receive minutes immediately in the Flames’ thin frontcourt.