- Loyola announces 2016-17 non-conference schedule
- Loyola moves to 3-0 in Spain
- Loyola opens Spain trip with victory
- Big man Cameron Krutwig commits to Loyola
- UIC releases 2016-17 non-conference schedule
- Bradley alumni rekindle Cinderella magic at summer tournament
- Local names to play in The Basketball Tournament
- Horizon League changes conference tournament format
- Olaniyan to transfer from SIU
- DePaul announces 2016-17 non-conference schedule
UIC Continues Road Trip at Cleveland State
UIC (5-19, 0-10 Horizon) continues its search for a first Horizon League victory Thursday at Cleveland State (17-9, 8-3 Horizon). The Flames and the Vikings met Jan. 22 at the UIC Pavilion. The Vikings outlasted the Flames, 74-64.
This matchup is the middle part of UIC’s ongoing, three-game road trip.
Cleveland State had high preseason expectations as a contender for the Horizon League crowd. The Vikings were mediocre in non-conference play and then started 3-3 in the Horizon League. Since then, they have won six games in a row, including three by double digits.
On Jan. 22, Cleveland State’s dynamic backcourt gave UIC tons of trouble.
Sophomore guards Bryn Forbes and Trey Lewis were on fire from beyond the arc, combining for 36 points with six three-pointers. Lewis also had five assists while freshman guard Charlie Lee dished out five dimes as well.
And that’s not to say the frontcourt did not hurt UIC.
Sophomore forward Anton Grady posted 12 points, five rebounds, three assists and three blocks despite playing only 16 points with foul trouble.
Senior forward Jon Harris had a double-double off the bench with 18 points and 10 boards.
Cleveland State has been hot recently and they have only lost twice at home this season. UIC is likely staring at its 14th straight loss.
Opening tip is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. CT.