- Where did CBS rank the five Chicago schools?
- Larkin’s Christian Negron commits to Loyola
- Dixson named to Julius Erving Award watch list
- The Catch and Shoot joins MVC preseason podcast
- VIDEO: Lumpkin evaluates season expectations at NU media day
- 2017 PF Eboigbodin fills huge need in UIC frontcourt
- Chicago State picked last in preseason WAC polls
- Chicago State players visit with South Side youth
- 2016-17 Missouri Valley Conference season preview
- 2016-17 Horizon League season preview
UIC Wraps Up Home Stand Against Cleveland State
UIC (5-14, 0-5 Horizon) looks to end its eight-game losing streak Wednesday night against Cleveland State (11-9, 3-3).
Although the Flames have not seen a favorable end result since Dec. 17, they have been in close in every game during this stretch. Their last three losses have been by a combined 14 points.
Cleveland State enters with losses in two of its last three games. Last time out, the Vikings lost, 49-46, to Wright State. Wednesday marks the start of a difficult stretch for the Vikings, as they play five of their next six games on the road.
The Vikings feature a balanced attack offensively. Four players average more than 10 points per game. Three others average at least six per contest.
Sophomore guard Bryn Forbes leads the team with 15.8 points per game, and he has been lights-out from beyond the arc. He shoots 41.7% from deep and has already made 50 three-pointers this season. In his last three games, he has converted 8-of-18 (44.4%).
Sophomore Trey Lewis and junior Charlie Lee are his main complements in the backcourt.
Lewis is second on the team in scoring with 13.7 points per outing, and he also dishes out 3.4 assists. Two games ago, he lit up Oakland for 29 points.
Lee leads the Vikings with 3.6 assists and 1.5 steals per game.
Senior Jon Harris heads Cleveland State’s frontcourt.
Harris averages 10.6 points and a team-high 6.4 rebounds. He is coming off a double-double against Wright State with 17 points and 11 boards.
Wednesday’s opening tip at the UIC Pavilion is slated for 7 p.m.