1. Arizona (17-0, 4-0 Pac-12). Last week: 1
Arizona kept its undefeated record intact with wins at UCLA and USC last week. The Wildcats return home for Arizona State on Thursday.
2. Syracuse (16-0, 3-0 ACC). Last week: 3
Syracuse remained unbeaten with wins against Virginia Tech and North Carolina last week. The Orange will face Boston College and Pittsburgh this week.
3. Wisconsin (16-0, 3-0 Big Ten). Last week: 4
Wisconsin blew out Illinois in its only game of the week. The Badgers will have their toughest road game of the season thus far at Indiana on Tuesday.
4. Michigan State (15-1, 4-0 Big Ten). Last week: 5
Michigan State won a pair of games in overtime last week, against Ohio State and Minnesota. The Spartans sit in first place in the Big Ten with road games at Northwestern and Illinois coming up.
5. Ohio State (15-2, 2-2 Big Ten). Last week: 2
Ohio State lost in overtime to Michigan State on Tuesday and then suffered another defeat to Iowa on Sunday. The Buckeyes travel to Minnesota this week.
6. Wichita State (17-0, 4-0 MVC). Last week: 7
Wichita State survived Missouri State’s upset bid in overtime on Saturday, erasing a 19-point deficit in the second half. The Shockers will host Bradley and Indiana State, which is also undefeated in conference play, this week.
7. Villanova (15-1, 4-0 Big East). Last week: 11
Villanova is off to a 4-0 start in the Big East, tied with Creighton for first place. The Wildcats host the Bluejays this weekend.
8. Baylor (13-2, 1-1 Big 12). Last week: 10
Baylor’s winning streak ended at Iowa State on Tuesday, but the Bears bounced back with an easy win against TCU. They will face another in-state opponent, Texas Tech, on Wednesday.
9. Iowa State (14-1, 2-1 Big 12). Last week: 6
Iowa State’s perfect season ended at Oklahoma on Saturday. The Cyclones will return home this week to face Kansas on Monday.
10. Florida (13-2, 2-0 SEC). Last week: 12
Florida went to one of the nation’s toughest environments at Arkansas last weekend and won in overtime, 84-82. The Gators return home Tuesday to face Georgia.
11. Oklahoma State (14-2, 2-1 Big 12). Last week: 13
Oklahoma State survived West Virginia’s upset bid Saturday, 73-72. Though Markel Brown hit the game-winning three-pointer, Marcus Smart posted 22 points, 13 rebounds, and five assists.
12. Kentucky (12-3, 2-0 SEC). Last week: 14
Kentucky has won four straight games and is tied for first place in the SEC. The Wildcats will have their hands full at Arkansas on Tuesday night.
13. San Diego State (14-1, 3-0 MWC). Last week: 15
San Diego State picked up big wins against Boise State and Air Force this week to remain undefeated in Mountain West play. The Aztecs will host Fresno State and UNLV this week.
14. Kansas (11-4, 2-0 Big 12). Last week: 17
Despite four non-conference losses, Kansas is now the only unbeaten team in Big 12 play. That could change on Monday night when they play at Iowa State.
15. Louisville (14-3, 3-1 American). Last week: 8
Louisville bounced back from a home loss to Memphis with a solid win against Southern Methodist. The Cardinals finish their home stand against Houston on Thursday.
16. Iowa (14-3, 3-1 Big Ten). Last week: 21
Iowa recorded its first marquee win at Ohio State on Sunday. The Hawkeyes’ only game this week is at home against Minnesota.
17. Memphis (12-3, 3-1 American). Last week: 22
Memphis picked up a marquee win at Louisville and then defeated Temple as well last week. The Tigers will host Connecticut in their only Division I game this week.
18. Massachusetts (14-1, 2-0 Atlantic 10). Last week: 19
Massachusetts has won four straight games, but it will have to play five of its next six games on the road.
19. Colorado (14-3, 3-1 Pac-12). Last week: 16
Colorado’s four-game winning streak ended Sunday with a 71-54 road loss to Washington. The Buffaloes return home this week for UCLA and USC.
20. Duke (12-4, 1-2 ACC). Last week: 18
Duke’s conference struggles continued on Saturday with a 13-point loss at Clemson. The Blue Devils return home this week to face Virginia and NC State.
21. Cincinnati (15-2, 4-0 American). Last week: 24
Cincinnati has not lost since Dec. 14. The Bearcats are in first place in the American with games against Temple and South Florida this week.
22. Creighton (14-2, 4-0 Big East). Last week: Unranked
Creighton has been firing on all cylinders in conference play. Last week, the Bluejays blew out DePaul and then beat Xavier.
23. Oregon (13-3, 1-3 Pac-12). Last week: 9
Oregon has lost three straight games after starting the season 13-0. The Ducks lost home games to California and Stanford last week, and they begin a three-game road trip at Oregon State on Sunday.
24. Connecticut (13-3, 1-2 American). Last week: 23
Connecticut defeated Harvard and UCF last week, ending a two-game slide. The Huskies have a tough week coming up with games against Memphis and Louisville.
25. Michigan (11-4, 3-0 Big Ten). Last week: Unranked
Michigan is off to a hot start in the Big Ten with wins against Minnesota, Northwestern, and Nebraska. The Wolverines will host Penn State on Tuesday and then face their biggest test so far in conference play Saturday at Wisconsin.
Others considered: Harvard, UCLA, Pittsburgh, New Mexico, Xavier, Missouri