1. Kentucky (19-0, 6-0 SEC). Last week: 1
Kentucky remained perfect with wins against Vanderbilt and South Carolina. The Wildcats’ chances at finishing the regular season are getting close to 50 percent on Kenpom.
2. Virginia (19-0, 7-0 ACC). Last week: 2
Virginia used a late comeback to survive in a close game at Virginia Tech. The Cavaliers move on to their toughest stretch of the season with upcoming games against Duke, North Carolina and Louisville.
3. Gonzaga (20-1, 9-0 WCC). Last week: 4
Gonzaga dominated Saint Mary’s and Pacific at home last week. The Bulldogs stay in Spokane this week to face Portland and Memphis.
4. Wisconsin (18-2, 6-1 Big Ten). Last week: 5
Wisconsin avoided an upset at Michigan in overtime Saturday. The Badgers have a difficult stretch coming up with a game at Iowa before returning home for Indiana.
5. Duke (17-2, 4-2 ACC). Last week: 6
Duke moved to 4-1 in true road games with a tough win at St. John’s, but more importantly Coach K got his 1,000th victory as a head coach. The Blue Devils continue a brutal stretch with road games against Notre Dame and Virginia this week.
6. Arizona (18-2, 6-1 Pac-12). Last week: 7
Arizona swept its California road trip, holding off Stanford and blowing out Cal. The Wildcats look to complete a season sweep of Oregon on Wednesday.
7. Kansas (16-3, 5-1 Big 12). Last week: 9
Kansas had a major week with a pair of Top 25 wins. The Jayhawks held off Oklahoma at home and then won over the weekend at Texas.
This week, the Jayhawks face two unranked opponents, which is a bit of a rarity in the Big 12 this year.
8. Utah (16-3, 6-1 Pac-12). Last week: 8
Utah bounced back from its loss at Arizona with a home sweep of the Washington schools. The Utes begin a three-game road trip Thursday at UCLA.
9. Notre Dame (19-2, 7-1 ACC). Last week: 10
Notre Dame pulled out another close win Sunday, defeating NC State 81-78 in overtime. The Fighting Irish host Duke on Wednesday.
10. Villanova (18-2, 5-2 Big East). Last week: 3
Villanova got out to a hot start against Creighton and won easily Sunday. The Wildcats travel to DePaul this week.
11. Wichita State (18-2, 8-0 MVC). Last week: 13
Wichita State flat out dominated Drake on Sunday. The Shockers won 74-40. They host Loyola (Chicago) before a big matchup at Northern Iowa this weekend.
12. North Carolina (16-4, 6-1 ACC). Last week: 14
North Carolina survived against Florida State on Saturday for its fifth straight win. The Tar Heels are in position for a sixth straight Monday against Syracuse.
13. Maryland (18-3, 6-2 Big Ten). Last week: 11
Maryland erased an 11-point deficit in the final minutes against Northwestern and won on a last-second putback. The Terrapins travel to Ohio State this week, trying to hold on to second place in the Big Ten.
14. Louisville (16-3, 4-2 ACC). Last week: 12
Louisville won the first leg of a two-game road trip, 80-68 at Pittsburgh. The Cardinals travel to Boston College on Wednesday.
15. VCU (16-3, 6-0 A10). Last week: 16
VCU swept its three-game road trip to stay perfect in Atlantic 10 play. The Rams can open up a bit of breathing room in the conference title race with a win Tuesday against George Washington.
16. Iowa State (14-4, 4-2 Big 12). Last week: 15
Iowa State nearly erased a 19-point deficit to win at Texas Tech, but the Cyclones fell five points short and were upset by the Red Raiders. They finish off January with home games against Texas and TCU.
17. West Virginia (16-3, 4-2 Big 12). Last week: 18
After getting blown out by Texas, West Virginia squeaked past TCU in overtime 86-85. The Mountaineers face Kansas State and Texas Tech this week.
18. Texas (14-5, 3-3 Big 12). Last week: 17
Texas fell to 1-2 at home in Big 12 games with a loss Saturday to Kansas. The Longhorns’ difficult stretch continues this week with road games against Iowa State and Baylor.
19. Northern Iowa (18-2, 7-1 MVC). Last week: 20
Northern Iowa knocked off Illinois State on a last-second 3-pointer to improve its winning streak to seven games. The Panthers finish up this road trip Wednesday at Southern Illinois.
20. Miami Fla. (14-5, 4-2 ACC). Last week: 21
Miami pulled out close wins against NC State and Syracuse last week. The Hurricanes face a pair of struggling teams, Georgia Tech and Florida State, this week.
21. Georgetown (14-5, 6-2 Big East). Last week: 24
Georgetown needed overtime against Marquette, but the the Hoyas pulled away from the Golden Eagles for their fourth straight win. They look for another victory Tuesday against Xavier.
22. Indiana (15-5, 5-2 Big Ten). Last week: Unranked
Indiana’s four-game winning streak ended Sunday with an 82-70 loss at Northern Iowa. The Hoosiers should be favored in both of their games this week against Purdue and Rutgers.
23. Baylor (15-4, 3-3 Big 12). Last week: Unranked
After dropping its first two Big 12 games, Baylor has won three of its last four conference contests. The Bears continue the Big 12 grind Tuesday at Oklahoma State.
24. Oklahoma (12-7, 3-4 Big 12). Last week: 19
Oklahoma had a tough week with road games against Kansas and Baylor, and the Sooners dropped both contests. Wednesday’s home game against Texas Tech was supposed to be an easy one, but maybe not after the Red Raiders’ weekend upset over Iowa State.
25. Dayton (16-3, 6-1 A10). Last week: 22
Dayton bounced back from a 77-60 loss at Davidson with a close win against Richmond. The Flyers travel to UMass on Thursday.