1. Kentucky (15-0, 2-0 SEC). Last week: 1
After no one came within eight points of Kentucky in non-conference play, Ole Miss and Texas A&M took the Wildcats’ to overtime in their first two SEC games. But Kentucky survived both matchups to remain unbeaten.
2. Virginia (15-0, 3-0 ACC). Last week: 4
Virginia recorded its third impressive road win of the season Saturday, winning at Notre Dame. The Cavaliers are in shape for two more wins this week against Clemson and Boston College.
3. Villanova (15-1, 3-1 Big East). Last week: 6
Villanova had no trouble Saturday with DePaul, moving into a four-way tie for first place in the Big East. The Wildcats host Xavier in their only conference game of the week.
4. Gonzaga (16-1, 5-0 WCC). Last week: 8
The WCC has been no match for Gonzaga so far. After beating BYU by seven points in their conference opener, the Bulldogs have won each of their last four games by double digits.
5. Wisconsin (15-2, 3-1 Big Ten). Last week: 3
With Frank Kaminsky out and Traevon Jackson leaving mid-game with an injury, Wisconsin was upset by Rutgers. It was the Badgers’ first loss of the season away from home.
6. Duke (14-1, 2-1 ACC). Last week: 2
Duke’s perfect start ended Sunday with a loss at NC State. The Blue Devils have another tough road game Saturday at Louisville.
7. Utah (13-2, 3-0 Pac-12). Last week: 10
Utah blew out Colorado last week. The Utes are have won their three Pac-12 games by an average of 27 points, but they are yet to play on the road.
8. Louisville (14-2, 2-1 ACC). Last week: 5
After close calls against Wake Forest and Clemson, Louisville could not survive a close game at North Carolina. The Cardinals lost 72-71 after blowing a 13-point lead.
9. Kansas (13-2, 2-0 Big 12). Last week: 13
After beating Baylor by one point, Kansas blew out Texas Tech. The Jayhawks host Oklahoma State on Tuesday but then have a stretch of three straight games against nationally ranked teams.
10. Arizona (14-2, 2-1 Pac-12). Last week: 7
Arizona suffered another bad road loss Sunday, this time to Oregon State. The Wildcats face Utah this weekend with major Pac-12 title race implications.
11. Notre Dame (15-2, 3-1 ACC). Last week: 15
Notre Dame got a very nice win at North Carolina but then lost a close game to Virginia. The Fighting Irish rematch Georgia Tech, which took them to double overtime Jan. 3, on Wednesday.
12. Maryland (15-2, 3-1 Big Ten). Last week: 11
Maryland split a pair of road games last week, beating Purdue but falling to Illinois. The Terrapins are at home this week against Rutgers and Michigan State, which they beat on the road in December.
13. Wichita State (14-2, 4-0 MVC). Last week: 14
Wichita State started looking like a more dominant team again with double-digit wins against Bradley and Loyola (Chicago) last week. The Shockers look to continue their MVC winning streak Wednesday against Southern Illinois.
14. North Carolina (12-4, 2-1 ACC). Last week: 17
UNC guard Marcus Paige missed a game-winner last Monday against Notre Dame, but he redeemed himself with a game-winning layup Saturday against Louisville.
15. Iowa State (12-2, 2-0 Big 12). Last week: 18
Iowa State had a big week to start Big 12 play, upsetting West Virginia on the road. The Cyclones have two more tests this week against Baylor and Kansas.
16. West Virginia (14-2, 2-1 Big 12). Last week: 16
West Virginia’s seven-game winning streak ended Saturday with a 74-72 loss to Iowa State. The Mountaineers have two more tough games ahead against Oklahoma and Texas this week.
17. Arkansas (13-2, 2-0 SEC). Last week: 22
Arkansas beat Georgia and Vanderbilt last week and now holds a seven-game winning streak.
18. VCU (13-3, 3-0 A10). Last week: 20
VCU beat Davidson and St. Joseph’s last week to extend its winning streak to eight games. The Rams start a three-game road trip Tuesday at Rhode Island.
19. Oklahoma (11-4, 2-1 Big 12). Last week: 12
Oklahoma recorded an emphatic win against Texas but then failed to protect its home floor against Kansas State. The Sooners have another big test Tuesday at West Virginia.
20. Seton Hall (13-3, 3-1 Big East). Last week: 19
Seton Hall bounced back from a loss at Xavier with a last-second win at Creighton. This week the Pirates return home, where they are 8-0, and will face Butler.
21. Michigan State (12-5, 3-1 Big Ten). Last week: Unranked
Michigan State has won three straight games. The Spartans defeated Iowa and Northwestern last week.
22. Texas (12-4, 1-2 Big 12). Last week: 9
Texas has dropped two in a row to Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. The Longhorns continue the Big 12 grind with four of their next five games against ranked teams.
23. Northern Iowa (14-2, 3-1 MVC). Last week: 25
Northern Iowa blew past Southern Illinois and Drake last week and now has a three-game winning streak. The Panthers face Missouri State and Bradley this week.
24. Wyoming (15-2, 4-0 MW). Last week: Unranked
Wyoming took control of the Mountain West last week with wins against Colorado State and Boise State. Not many teams go to Colorado State win, but the Cowboys did.
25. Dayton (13-2, 3-0 A10). Last week: Unranked
Dayton has been on a tear, winning six straight games. Five of those wins have come by double figures. The Flyers look to continue the hot streak this week against La Salle and St. Louis.