- Loyola announces 2016-17 non-conference schedule
- Loyola moves to 3-0 in Spain
- Loyola opens Spain trip with victory
- Big man Cameron Krutwig commits to Loyola
- UIC releases 2016-17 non-conference schedule
- Bradley alumni rekindle Cinderella magic at summer tournament
- Local names to play in The Basketball Tournament
- Horizon League changes conference tournament format
- Olaniyan to transfer from SIU
- DePaul announces 2016-17 non-conference schedule
Three Illinois State players leave program
Zach Lofton, Nick Zeisloft and Kaza Keane will leave Illinois State’s basketball program, ESPN’s Jeff Goodman reported Monday. The Redbirds had been set to return everyone from their 2013-14 squad that finished fourth in the Missouri Valley Conference and then won two games in the CBI.
Lofton, who transferred to Illinois State from San Jacinto College in Texas, was the Redbirds’ second-leading scorer last season despite coming off the bench and averaging only 23 minutes. Lofton was often an inefficient chucker, shooting 33.9% from the field and 29.2% from 3-point range. But when he was in a groove, he was one of the MVC’s better scorers.
Zeisloft and Keane were the only Redbirds who had also been on the 2012-13 roster. Keane was a reserve point guard playing only 12 minutes per game, but Zeisloft started 30 games and was the team’s best 3-point threat.
Even without this trio, Illinois State returns a solid core for next season. Four starters will be back, including leading scorer Daishon Knight and MVC blocks leader Reggie Lynch. Lynch was one of the league’s best freshman this past season. Starters Bobby Hunter and Paris Lee also return.