- VIDEO: Jalen Coleman-Lands’ buzzer-beater sinks Chicago State
- DePaul finishes seventh at Paradise Jam
- Illinois Rankings for the Week of Nov. 23
- Milton Doyle scores 26 points to lead Loyola comeback
- Chicago native Tyler Ulis dazzles at Champions Classic
- UIC lit up by Western Illinois in 84-57 defeat
- DePaul begins road trip with loss at Penn State
- Second half defense lifts DePaul to win in season opener
- Loyola moves to 2-0 with easy victory against Eureka
- VIDEO: Earl Peterson drops the hammer on UTSA
All posts tagged "Mid-Major Basketball"
Mid-Major Rankings for the Week of December 9
1. Wichita State (9-0). Last week: 1 Wichita State remained undefeated with a win over Oral Roberts on Saturday night. The Shockers will host Tennessee this weekend. 2. Gonzaga (8-1). Last week: 2 Gonzaga held off...
- Posted December 9, 2013
College Basketball Preview: Big South
By Jesse Kramer The Big South has not produced a seed other than a 16 since the 2007-08 season. Whether or not that trend changes, this should be an exciting year in the league with lots of...
- Posted October 27, 2013
College Basketball Preview: MEAC
By Jesse Kramer Norfolk State has dominated the MEAC in the regular season the last two years, going 29-3 in league games. Once again, the Spartans are the favorite in this league, although North Carolina Central and...
- Posted October 26, 2013
College Basketball Preview: MAC
By Jesse Kramer The MAC is another mid-major league that has been very successful in recent years. Although its teams have not fared too well in the NCAA tournament recently save for Ohio’s Sweet 16 run two...
- Posted October 6, 2013
College Basketball Preview: Patriot League
By Jesse Kramer The Patriot League’s reputation has steadily grown over the past two seasons with Lehigh and Bucknell’s success. Lehigh won a NCAA tournament game two seasons ago, and last year Bucknell nearly knocked off Butler...
- Posted October 5, 2013
College Basketball Preview: Ivy League
By Jesse Kramer In the last few seasons, Harvard has not only risen to the top of the Ivy League, but to national prominence. The Crimson won the conference last season and advanced to the NCAA Tournament’s...
- Posted October 4, 2013
College Basketball Preview: Atlantic Sun
By Jesse Kramer Thanks to Florida Gulf Coast and “Dunk City”, the Atlantic Sun Conference has gained some extra publicity leading up to the 2013-14 season. Florida Gulf Coast is once again one of the nation’s better...
- Posted October 3, 2013
Why Iona’s Momo Jones Is Not A Mid-Major All-American
By Jesse Kramer I released my 2013 Mid-Major All-Americans earlier in the week. Among the 21 mid-major stars on the list, I excluded Iona guard and MAAC Player of the Year Momo Jones, who was the nation’s...
- Posted March 27, 2013
2013 Mid-Major All-America Teams
By Jesse Kramer Entering the second week of the 2013 NCAA Tournament, a pair of mid-majors, Wichita State and Florida Gulf Coast, remain in the hunt for a national title. A few other stragglers are still playing...
- Posted March 25, 2013
LIU-Brooklyn Completes First-Ever “Three-Peat” As NEC Tournament Champions
By Jesse Kramer Behind a career-performance from C.J. Garner, LIU-Brooklyn knocked off Mount St. Mary’s in the NEC title game at the WRAC, 91-70, to complete the first three-peat in NEC tournament history. Garner, a senior guard...
- Posted March 13, 2013