- Where did CBS rank the five Chicago schools?
- Larkin’s Christian Negron commits to Loyola
- Dixson named to Julius Erving Award watch list
- The Catch and Shoot joins MVC preseason podcast
- VIDEO: Lumpkin evaluates season expectations at NU media day
- 2017 PF Eboigbodin fills huge need in UIC frontcourt
- Chicago State picked last in preseason WAC polls
- Chicago State players visit with South Side youth
- 2016-17 Missouri Valley Conference season preview
- 2016-17 Horizon League season preview
Purdue guard Ronnie Johnson to transfer
Purdue sophomore guard Ronnie Johnson will transfer, according to a tweet by ESPN’s Jeff Goodman.
Johnson, an Indianapolis native, led Purdue in assists with 3.7 dimes per game, and he was also the Boilermakers’ second-leading scorer with 10.8 points. With leading scorer Terone Johnson graduating, Ronnie would have been the team’s top returning scorer.
Purdue, which a perennial Big Ten title contender from 2007 to 2011, has fallen the last three season. The Boilermakers made the 2012 NCAA Tournament but finished only sixth in the Big Ten. Last year, they finished below .500 and played in the CBI. This season, Purdue finished dead last in the Big Ten and is not expected to appear in any postseason tournament.
Purdue’s future is not looking much brighter with Ronnie transferring and Terone graduating. The Boilermakers will now have to replace their starting backcourt for next season.