1. Gonzaga (14-1, 3-0 WCC). Last week: 1
Gonzaga improved to 3-0 in the WCC with wins at San Diego and Portland. The Bulldogs host San Francisco in their WCC home opener Thursday.
2. Wichita State (12-2, 2-0 MVC). Last week: 2
Wichita State held off Drake and Illinois State to start MVC play at 2-0. The Shockers face Bradley and Loyola (Chicago) this week.
3. Old Dominion (12-1, 1-0 C-USA). Last week: 4
Old Dominion’s winning streak continued last week with wins against Mount St. Mary’s and Charlotte. The Monarchs finish a three-game road trip this week at Marshall and Western Kentucky.
4. Northern Iowa (12-2, 1-1 MVC). Last week: 3
Northern Iowa lost a close game at Evansville to start MVC play but rebounded with a solid win against Loyola (Chicago).
5. Green Bay (11-3). Last week: 5
After beating Chicago State, Green Bay now moves on to Horizon League play. The Phoenix host Wright State Monday.
6. Harvard (8-3). Last week: 6
Harvard knocked off Grand Canyon last week. After hosting St. Rose, the Crimson begin Ivy League play Saturday at Dartmouth.
7. BYU (13-4, 3-1 WCC). Last week: 7
BYU dominated Santa Clara and San Francisco last week to start a three-game winning streak. The Cougars return home this week to face Pepperdine and Loyola Marymount.
8. Wofford (10-4, 1-0 SoCon). Last week: 8
Wofford went to Samford for its SoCon opener and won 68-65.
9. Saint Mary’s (11-3, 4-0 WCC). Last week: 9
Saint Mary’s survived its first WCC road trip, defeating Pepperdine and Loyola Marymount by nine points apiece.
10. Stephen F. Austin (11-3, 1-0 Southland). Last week: 10
Stephen F. Austin survived a close game at McNeese State to win Saturday’s Southland opener. The Lumberjacks have not lost a regular season conference game since Feb. 16, 2013.
11. UTEP (10-4, 2-0 C-USA). Last week: 12
UTEP went on the road to begin Conference USA competition and won both games. The Miners have a tough home game Thursday against Louisiana Tech.
12. Evansville (11-3, 1-1 MVC). Last week: 11
After getting a huge win against Northern Iowa, Evansville was upset by Indiana State. The Aces have another tough game Wednesday against Loyola (Chicago).
13. Georgia State (9-4, 2-0 Sun Belt). Last week: 13
Georgia State defeated Louisiana-Monroe and Arkansas-Little Rock to begin Sun Belt play. The Panthers finish off a three-game home stand Monday against Texas State.
14. Louisiana Tech (10-4, 1-0 C-USA). Last week: 14
Louisiana Tech knocked off Southern Miss on the road Saturday to being conference play. The Bulldogs have two more road games coming up against UTEP and Texas-San Antonio.
15. Eastern Michigan (11-2). Last week: 17
Eastern Michigan opens MAC play Wednesday against Ball State.
16. Murray State (11-4, 1-0 OVC). Last week: 19
Murray State continues to look like the favorite in the OVC after beating Morehead State in its conference opener. The Racers have won nine straight games.
17. Yale (10-5). Last week: 15
Yale has lost two of its last three games after falling in double overtime to Vanderbilt. The Bulldogs look to right the ship this week against NJIT and Daniel Webster this week.
18. Northeastern (9-4, 1-0 CAA). Last week: 20
Northeastern ended a four-game road swing with wins against Richmond and Delaware. The Huskies host UNC-Wilmington Monday in their CAA home opener.
19. Kent State (9-4). Last week: 21
Kent State ended a two-game slide with a win against Texas-Pan American. The Golden Flashes begin conference play Wednesday against Bowling Green.
20. Valparaiso (14-3, 1-1 Horizon). Last week: 16
After beginning Horizon League play with an overtime loss at Oakland, Valparaiso knocked off Youngstown State. The Crusaders host UIC and Cleveland State this week.
21. Florida Gulf Coast (10-5). Last week: 18
Florida Gulf Coast defeated Ave Maria in an ugly game to end a three-game losing streak. The Eagles travel to UC Santa Barbara for their final non-conference game Monday.
22. Eastern Washington (11-4, 2-0 Big Sky). Last week: 23
Eastern Washington beat Weber State and Idaho State to begin Big Sky competition. The Eagles begin a three-game road trip Saturday at Idaho.
23. Iona (9-5, 2-1 MAAC). Last week: 22
After falling to Massachusetts, Iona returned to MAAC play with a win at Siena. The Gaels are at home this week against Quinnipiac and Canisius.
24. Coastal Carolina (11-3, 2-0 Big South). Last week: Unranked
Coastal Carolina has won seven of its last eight games, and the only loss is by three points at Ole Miss.
25. Toledo (8-5). Last week: 25
Toledo played well in a loss at Duke and then won a close game at Northern Kentucky to end a three-game road trip. The Rockets open MAC play Tuesday against Central Michigan.