- Loyola moves to 3-0 in Spain
- Loyola opens Spain trip with victory
- Big man Cameron Krutwig commits to Loyola
- UIC releases 2016-17 non-conference schedule
- Bradley alumni rekindle Cinderella magic at summer tournament
- Local names to play in The Basketball Tournament
- Horizon League changes conference tournament format
- Olaniyan to transfer from SIU
- DePaul announces 2016-17 non-conference schedule
- Arcidiacono and Ochefu find summer league homes
Mid-Major Rankings for the Week of December 30
1. Wichita State (13-0). Last week: 1
Wichita State battled off a tough Davidson team and won by 11 points on Sunday. The Shockers take their undefeated season to Southern Illinois for the start of Missouri Valley play on Thursday.
2. Harvard (11-1). Last week: 2
Harvard defeated Fordham Saturday for its seven consecutive win. The 11-1 Crimson will host Boston College on Wednesday.
3. Gonzaga (11-2, 1-0 WCC). Last week: 3
Gonzaga opened WCC play with a win at home against Santa Clara. The Bulldogs continue their homestand against San Francisco, St. Mary’s, and Pacific this week.
4. Toledo (12-0). Last week: 4
Toledo remained perfect with a win against Coppin State on Saturday. The Rockets face their first and only big test of the season tonight at Kansas.
5. Southern Miss (12-2). Last week: 6
Southern Miss won at Rhode Island on Saturday for its third straight win. The Golden Eagles host Drexel on Friday in their final non-conference game.
6. Indiana State (9-3). Last week: 8
Indiana State picked up its second impressive victory of the season, this time beating Belmont, 85-73. The Sycamores begin Missouri Valley play at home against Loyola (Chicago) on Wednesday.
7. Green Bay (9-3). Last week: 9
Riding a four-game winning streak, Green Bay begins Horizon League play against Cleveland State and Youngstown State this week.
8. Manhattan (9-2, 2-0 MAAC). Last week: 11
Manhattan returns to MAAC competition Thursday at St. Peter’s, and then the Jaspers host Fairfield for their first home game since Dec. 8.
9. Louisiana Tech (10-3). Last week: 14
Louisiana Tech returns to action tonight at Oklahoma with a chance for its first marquee win of the season.
10. North Dakota State (10-4). Last week: 15
North Dakota State survived Utah Valley’s upset bid on Monday for its third win in a row. The Bison’s only game this week is against NAIA Mayville State.
11. New Mexico State (11-5). Last week: 16
After losing four games in a row, New Mexico State has won four games in a row. The Aggies most recently defeated South Alabama at home. On Saturday, they begin WAC play at Grand Canyon.
12. UAB (10-3). Last week: 13
UAB returned to action after an eight-day break with a win against Alabama A&M on Sunday.
13. Drexel (8-4). Last week: 10
Drexel lost at home for the first time, being defeating by Buffalo on Sunday. The Dragons finish non-conference play at Southern Miss on Friday night.
14. Brigham Young (8-6, 0-1 WCC). Last week: 7
BYU dropped its third game in a row at Loyola Marymount, also giving the Cougars a 0-1 start in conference play. They finish their road trip tonight at Pepperdine.
15. St. Mary’s (9-3). Last week: 5
St. Mary’s entered the Diamond Head Classic unbeaten but lost all three games in Hawaii. The Gaels now turn forward to the start of conference play at Pacific tonight.
16. Missouri State (10-2). Last week: 17
Missouri State held off Southeast Missouri State on Sunday in its final non-conference matchup. The Bears began Missouri Valley play at home against Illinois State on Thursday.
17. Charlotte (9-3). Last week: 18
Charlotte defeated Georgia Tech by three points Sunday night for its second straight win. The 49ers will host North Carolina A&T on Saturday before transitioning into Conference USA.
18. Princeton (9-2). Last week: 19
Princeton will face Kent State and Liberty in its last two non-conference games against Division I opponents.
19. Eastern Kentucky (9-4). Last week: 20
Eastern Kentucky blew by IPFW on the road Sunday for its fourth win away from home this season. The Colonels play two more road games this week against Eastern Illinois and SIU-Edwardsville as they start Ohio Valley competition.
20. Ohio (8-3). Last week: 21
Ohio finishes its non-conference slate this week with games against Longwood and UNC-Asheville.
21. Hawaii (9-3). Last week: Unranked
Hawaii enters the rankings this week after finishing third as the host of the Diamond Head Classic. The Rainbow Warriors defeated St. Mary’s and Oregon State, and their only loss was by one point to Boise State.
22. Belmont (8-6). Last week: 12
With the loss to Indiana State on Saturday, Belmont’s losing streak is now four games. The Bruins return home for their Ohio Valley opener against Jacksonville State on Thursday.
23. Pacific (9-2). Last week: 22
Pacific will play its first West Coast Conference game tonight at home against St. Mary’s.
24. UC Santa Barbara (7-4). Last week: 23
UC Santa Barbara faces a tough Seattle team on the road tonight, and then the Gauchos will host Masters College on Saturday.
25. Eastern Michigan (7-4). Last week: 24
Eastern Michigan lost at Duke on Saturday. Three of the the Eagles’ four losses are against nationally ranked opponents, and the fourth is at Purdue.
Others considered: Loyola Marymount, UTEP, Louisiana-Lafayette, IPFW, Northern Iowa, North Carolina Central, Canisius