- Joe Crisman returns to Loyola as director of basketball operations
- Loyola announces 2016-17 non-conference schedule
- Loyola moves to 3-0 in Spain
- Loyola opens Spain trip with victory
- Big man Cameron Krutwig commits to Loyola
- UIC releases 2016-17 non-conference schedule
- Bradley alumni rekindle Cinderella magic at summer tournament
- Local names to play in The Basketball Tournament
- Horizon League changes conference tournament format
- Olaniyan to transfer from SIU
Mid-Major Rankings for the Week of December 16
1. Wichita State (10-0). Last week: 1
Wichita State stayed undefeated with a 70-61 win against Tennessee on Saturday. The Shockers face another test at Alabama on Tuesday.
2. Gonzaga (10-1). Last week: 2
Gonzaga survived Augustine Rubit and South Alabama on Saturday for its sixth straight win. The Zags will face Kansas State on a neutral site this weekend.
3. Harvard (10-1). Last week: 3
Harvard needed overtime to beat Boston University, but it got the victory nonetheless. The Crimson’s only game this week is against Vermont.
4. St. Mary’s (8-0). Last week: 5
St. Mary’s beat a talented Boise State team on Saturday to remain undefeated. The Gaels will face American and South Carolina this week.
5. Southern Miss (9-1). Last week: 7
Southern Miss will take its three-game road trip to Western Kentucky on Wednesday.
6. Toledo (9-0). Last week: 8
Toledo remained perfect with a 77-61 win against Sam Houston State. The Rockets play at Arkansas State and then host Cleveland State on Saturday.
7. Brigham Young (8-4). Last week: 4
BYU was overwhelmed by in-state rival Utah on Saturday, 81-64. The Cougars’ road trip continues at Oregon this weekend.
8. Indiana State (7-2). Last week: 9
Indiana State won at UMKC on Saturday for its fourth straight victory. The Sycamores can get their second marquee road win of the season at Saint Louis on Wednesday.
9. Belmont (8-3). Last week: 6
Belmont started its four-game road trip on a sour note with an 85-72 loss at South Dakota State. The trip continues at Denver and Kentucky this week.
10. Drexel (7-2). Last week: 10
Drexel defeated Davidson on Sunday for its fourth straight win. The Dragons only two losses are by five at UCLA and by four points to Arizona at Madison Square Garden.
11. UAB (8-2). Last week: 16
UAB knocked off Georgia Southern on Sunday for its fourth straight win. The Blazers can get another marquee win at LSU on Saturday.
12. Green Bay (6-3). Last week: 11
Green Bay had a letdown loss at Eastern Michigan, but it bounced back with a win at South Dakota on Saturday. Next up for the Phoenix is Tennessee Tech on Tuesday.
13. Manhattan (7-2). Last week: 14
Manhattan won at UNC-Wilmington in its only game of the week, making the Jaspers a perfect 6-0 on the road. They will continue their road trip against South Carolina and Buffalo this week.
14. Louisiana Tech (8-3). Last week: 12
Louisiana Tech could not pull off the upset against Oklahoma State last week, but it should be able to get a win against McNeese State on Tuesday.
15. North Dakota State (7-4). Last week: 19
North Dakota State upset Notre Dame on Wednesday, but the Bison could not get a double dose of magic as they lost at Ohio State over the weekend.
16. Missouri State (8-1). Last week: 21
Missouri State can gets its second win against a BCS team when it plays at Louisville on Tuesday night.
17. Charlotte (7-2). Last week: 13
After nine days off, Charlotte returns to action at Florida State on Tuesday night. The 49ers will also host USC Upstate this weekend.
18. Eastern Kentucky (7-4). Last week: 15
Eastern Kentucky was simply overmatched by No. 4 Wisconsin over the weekend. The Colonels will return to mid-major competition against North Carolina A&T on Wednesday.
19. New Mexico State (8-5). Last week: 17
New Mexico State got a much-needed win at Drake on Saturday to end a four-game losing streak. The Aggies will finish their road trip at New Mexico on Tuesday.
20. Princeton (8-1). Last week: 24
Princeton remains hot with road wins against Rutgers and Penn State last week. The Aggies will face Pacific and Portland in Las Vegas this weekend.
21. Pacific (8-1). Last week: 22
Pacific extended its winning streak to four games last week. The Tigers will play at the Las Vegas Holiday Hoops Classic this weekend against Princeton and Bradley.
22. Ohio (7-2). Last week: 25
Ohio can get its first marquee win of the season on Wednesday when it hosts nationally ranked Massachusetts.
23. Towson (7-4). Last week: 23
Towson blew out Central Penn in its only game of the week to remain unbeaten in home games. The Tigers, who are winless on the road, play at Oregon State and North Dakota State this week.
24. UC Santa Barbara (5-3). Last week: Unranked
UC Santa Barbara makes its first appearance in the rankings after winning at San Diego at Sunday. The Toreros also have wins against UNLV and California.
25. Eastern Michigan (6-3). Last week: Unranked
Eastern Michigan ended a three-game slide against tough teams with an impressive win against Green Bay. The Eagles will begin a three-game road trip at Oakland on Saturday.
Boston University, Iona, Middle Tennessee, Louisiana-Lafayette, Northern Iowa, UTEP, Milwaukee, Kent State, Stephen F. Austin