- Joe Crisman returns to Loyola as director of basketball operations
- Loyola announces 2016-17 non-conference schedule
- Loyola moves to 3-0 in Spain
- Loyola opens Spain trip with victory
- Big man Cameron Krutwig commits to Loyola
- UIC releases 2016-17 non-conference schedule
- Bradley alumni rekindle Cinderella magic at summer tournament
- Local names to play in The Basketball Tournament
- Horizon League changes conference tournament format
- Olaniyan to transfer from SIU
Loyola’s Road Struggles Continue at Drake
Loyola Chicago (9-17, 4-10 MVC) fell to last place in the Missouri Valley on Saturday with a 70-62 loss at Drake (13-13, 4-10). The Ramblers remain without a true road win. They are 0-12 on the road and 1-1 on neutral sites.
Drake led nearly the entire way in Saturday’s matchup.
After Loyola freshman Milton Doyle scored the game’s first three points, Drake senior Richard Carter tied the game with a three-pointer. The Bulldogs’ lead grew to 15-6 in the opening minutes.
The lead increased to as many as 14 points in the first half, and at intermission Drake led, 34-22.
Loyola trailed by 16 points nearly the game’s final quarter of play, but the Ramblers made the game a contest with a 6-0 spurt.
Loyola remained within 10 points at the final media timeout with 3:42 to play. The Ramblers scored five straight points to halve the lead and then got within 63-60 in the final minute.
Loyola fouled Drake junior Trevor Berkeley to extend the game, and he made both free throws.
On the ensuing possession Rambler sophomore Jeff White stepped out of bounds, ending Loyola’s hopes of a comeback victory.
Carter led Drake with a game-high 20 points. The senior also dished out four assists.
Sophomore guard Jordan Daniels recorded 12 points on 4-of-8 shooting.
Doyle and junior forward Christian Thomas each scored 16 points to lead Loyola. Doyle grabbed 10 rebounds to finish with a double-double before fouling out in the final seconds.
Loyola returns home Wednesday to face No. 4 Wichita State. The Shockers are one of two undefeated teams remaining in college basketball.