- Local names to play in The Basketball Tournament
- Horizon League changes conference tournament format
- Olaniyan to transfer from SIU
- DePaul announces 2016-17 non-conference schedule
- Arcidiacono and Ochefu find summer league homes
- Indiana’s Ferrell and Williams sign summer league deals
- Fred VanVleet signs summer league deal with Raptors
- Wes Washpun to play summer league with Clippers
- Ron Baker signs partially guaranteed deal with New York Knicks
- NBA Draft Roundup
Indiana’s Yogi Ferrell and Stanford Robinson charged with underage drinking, possession of fake ID
Indiana guards Yogi Ferrell and Stanford Robinson were arrested and charged with underage drinking and possession of false identification early Friday morning, according to an Indiana State Excise Police press release.
Ferrell and Robinson allegedly tried to enter a Bloomington, Ind., sports bar with fake IDs at approximately 1 a.m, the release said. Cops working inside the bar recognized the IDs were false. Ferrell and Robinson received summonses and were then released, and they are scheduled to appear in court Sunday.
Ferrell tweeted Friday before news of the arrest went public that he had not been arrested Friday morning. Since then, Ferrell’s Twitter account has been taken down.
Ferrell, a sophomore, started at point guard for Indiana each of the last two seasons. He averaged 17.3 points and 3.9 assists while shooting 40.0% from 3-point range last year.
Robinson, a freshman, posted 6.4 points per game during his first season with the Hoosiers.
Friday’s news follows the February arrest of Indiana forward Hanner Mosquera-Perea, who was arrested for operating while intoxicated.