1. Southern Illinois (16-3, 5-1 MVC). Last week: 3
Southern Illinois takes over the No. 1 spot after defeating Illinois State and Drake last week. The Salukis are tied for second place in the Missouri Valley, and their only loss is to Wichita State.
2. Northwestern (15-4, 3-3 Big Ten). Last week: 1
After knocking off Wisconsin, Northwestern fell flat against Penn State. The Wildcats now face a daunting stretch starting with road games against Maryland and Indiana this week.
3. Northern Illinois (14-3, 3-1 MAC). Last week: 2
Northern Illinois’ seven-game winning streak ended Saturday with a loss at Western Michigan.
4. Illinois (9-9, 1-4 Big Ten). Last week: 4
After a momentous win against Purdue, Illinois lost at home to Nebraska. The Illini are 1-3 in home games against power-conference teams this season.
5. DePaul (6-12, 0-6 Big East). Last week: 5
DePaul remains winless in the Big East after losing to Xavier and Creighton last week.
6. Loyola (8-10, 1-5 MVC). Last week: 7
Loyola picked up a terrible loss at home to Bradley, but then the Ramblers went on the road and upset Northern Iowa.
7. Illinois State (9-10, 3-3 MVC). Last week: 6
Illinois State has lost three games in a row. The Redbirds play a must-win Wednesday at Bradley.
8. Eastern Illinois (6-12, 3-3 OVC). Last week: 9
Eastern Illinois has won three of its last five games entering a road swing this week.
9. Bradley (3-16, 1-5 MVC). Last week: 10
Bradley ended a 15-game losing streak against Division I opponents by winning at Loyola. The Braves then returned to the norm with a 61-42 loss at home to Missouri State.
10. SIU-Edwardsville (4-14, 1-5 OVC). Last week: 11
SIU-Edwardsville ended a seven-game losing streak Saturday with a win over Eastern Kentucky.
11. Western Illinois (7-9, 0-5 Summit). Last week: 8
Western Illinois has lost seven straight games, with its last win coming Dec. 12 against Eastern Illinois.
12. Chicago State (4-16, 0-4 WAC). Last week: 12
Chicago State dropped a pair of road games in the WAC last week. The Cougars briefly return to non-conference competition Tuesday with a game against Green Bay.
13. UIC (2-14, 0-5 Horizon). Last week: 13
UIC nearly upset Green Bay in a 78-76 defeat and then got blown out by Milwaukee the following game. Still looking for their first win against a Division I opponent, the Flames play their next three games on the road.