1. Northwestern (14-3, 2-2 Big Ten). Last week: 1
After getting upset at home by Ohio State, Northwestern hit the road Saturday and blew out Minnesota. The Wildcats should be favored in both of this week’s home matchups against Wisconsin and Penn State.
2. Northern Illinois (13-2, 2-0 MAC). Last week: 3
Northern Illinois defeated Ohio and Eastern Michigan to begin MAC play, stretching its overall winning streak to six games.
3. Southern Illinois (14-3, 3-1 MVC). Last week: 2
Southern Illinois’ six-game winning streak ended Saturday with an 83-58 loss at home to Wichita State.
4. Illinois (9-8, 1-3 Big Ten). Last week: 5
Illinois ended a three-game losing streak Sunday with a marquee win against Purdue. The Illini have a good chance to string together a second consecutive win with Nebraska visiting the State Farm Center on Saturday.
5. DePaul (6-10, 0-4 Big East). Last week: 4
Competitive losses to Butler and Georgetown put DePaul’s conference record at 0-4. The Blue Demons have another tough matchup Tuesday at Xavier.
6. Illinois State (9-8, 3-1 MVC). Last week: 6
Illinois State’s four-game winning streak ended Saturday with a loss at Indiana State. The Redbirds play a pair of crucial conference matchups this week against Southern Illinois and Evansville.
7. Loyola (7-9, 0-4 MVC). Last week: 7
Loyola lost each of its games last week by two points. The Ramblers host Bradley, which is also winless in MVC play, on Wednesday.
8. Western Illinois (7-7, 0-3 Summit). Last week: 8
Western Illinois has lost five games in a row following its best start in program history.
9. Eastern Illinois (4-12, 1-3 OVC). Last week: 9
Eastern Illinois has played a difficult schedule with three of its first four OVC games on the road. The Panthers have the benefit of playing at home this week, but against two of the conference’s tougher opponents, Eastern Kentucky and Morehead State.
10. Bradley (2-15, 0-4 MVC). Last week: 10
Bradley has had a difficult start to the MVC season with a young team. The Braves have lost each of their four conference games by at least 21 points.
11. SIU Edwardsville (3-13, 0-4 OVC). Last week: 11
SIU Edwardsville’s losing streak extended to six games with losses to Belmont and Tennessee State.
12. Chicago State (4-13, 0-1 WAC). Last week: 12
After a sizable break, Chicago State returned to action Saturday, falling to Seattle in its WAC opener.
13. UIC (2-12, 0-3 Horizon). Last week: 13
UIC has been blown out in three road games to start Horizon League play. The Flames conference home opener is Thursday against Green Bay.