1. Northwestern (16-8, 4-7 Big Ten). Last week: 2
Northwestern ended its five-game losings streak with an easy win against Minnesota. Still in search of a quality win, the Wildcats head to Ohio State on Tuesday.
2. Southern Illinois (18-7, 7-5 MVC). Last week: 1
Southern Illinois is reeling with four straight losses. Once a MVC title contender, the Salukis now need a strong finish to avoid the conference tournament play-in game.
3. Illinois State (14-11, 8-4 MVC). Last week: 6
Illinois State had a huge week scoring upsets against Wichita State and Loyola. Thanks to the win against the Shockers, the Redbirds still have an outside shot at winning the MVC regular season title.
4. Illinois (11-13, 3-8 Big Ten). Last week: 4
Illinois avoided an embarrassing loss to Rutgers last week. The Illini have won their last two road games and head to Northwestern on Saturday.
5. DePaul (8-15, 2-9 Big East). Last week: 7
After a huge win against nationally ranked Providence, DePaul got blown out by Creighton. The Blue Demons host Villanova on Tuesday.
6. Northern Illinois (16-7, 5-5 MAC). Last week: 3
Northern Illinois has lost its last four games and has two tough ones this week against Kent State and Akron.
7. Loyola (11-13, 4-8 MVC). Last week: 5
Loyola leapt back into the KenPom top 200 with a 73-59 win at Southern Illinois. The Ramblers face a crucial stretch with a road game against Bradley and then home matchups with Evansville and Northern Iowa.
8. Eastern Illinois (11-13, 7-4 OVC). Last week: 8
Eastern Illinois has caught fire with five straight wins, but none have come against teams in the KenPom top 200.
9. Bradley (4-21, 2-10 MVC). Last week: 9
Bradley recorded its first home win under new coach Brian Wardle, upsetting Indiana State on Saturday.
10. Western Illinois (8-13, 1-9 Summit). Last week: 11
Western Illinois ended a 10-game losing streak Wednesday by beating Nebraska Omaha. However, the odds say the Leathernecks will head back to their losing way during an upcoming three-game road trip.
11. SIU-Edwardsville (4-19, 1-10 OVC). Last week: 10
SIU Edwardsville has lost five straight games since upsetting Eastern Kentucky.
12. UIC (3-19, 1-10 Horizon). Last week: 12
In its only game of the week, UIC was outmatched by Horizon League leader Valparaiso.
13. Chicago State (4-22, 0-9 WAC). Last week: 13
Chicago State has lost 13 straight games and still has only one win against Division I competition.