1. Illinois (17-10, 7-7 Big Ten). Last week: 1
Illinois’ NCAA Tournament hopes took a hit last week with losses to Wisconsin and Michigan State. The Illini can’t afford two more losses this week, when they face Iowa and Northwestern.
2. Illinois State (17-11, 9-7 MVC). Last week: 2
Illinois State ended a three-game losing streak with wins against Bradley and Loyola last week. The Redbirds have clinched a top-five spot in the MVC.
3. Northwestern (13-14, 4-10 Big Ten). Last week: 4
Northwestern has found a groove with straight wins. The Wildcats’ 60-39 win Saturday was their first double-digit victory in the Big Ten under second-year coach Chris Collins.
4. DePaul (12-16, 6-9 Big East). Last week: 3
DePaul has plummeted in the Big East standings with losses in seven of its last eight games. The Blue Demons look to end their slide Tuesday with a home game against last-place Creighton.
5. Loyola (16-12, 6-10 MVC). Last week: 5
Loyola had a tough week that resulted in losses to Northern Iowa and Illinois State. The Ramblers are hoping to have injured star Milton Doyle back in the lineup next week.
6. Eastern Illinois (16-12, 9-6 OVC). Last week: 6
Eastern Illinois ended a two-game slide Sunday with a 73-65 win against Southeast Missouri State. The Panthers end their regular season Thursday at Murray State, which is unbeaten in the OVC.
7. SIU-Edwardsville (12-14, 8-7 OVC). Last week: 10
SIU-Edwardsville knocked off Southeast Missouri State and Tennessee-Martin last week and now has a three-game winning streak. The Cougars finish the season on the road against Austin Peay, which is in last place in the division.
8. Northern Illinois (10-15, 4-10 MAC). Last week: 7
Northern Illinois has lost three straight games, and now a top-four finish in the MAC West is looking unlikely. The Huskies have to play division leaders Toledo and Central Michigan this week.
9. Southern Illinois (10-19, 3-13 MVC). Last week: 8
Southern Illinois has lost four in a row and eight of its last nine. The Salukis are now guaranteed a spot in the play-in round of the MVC Tournament.
10. Bradley (8-21, 3-13 MVC). Last week: 9
Bradley fell to Illinois State and Northern Iowa last week. The Braves must win at Missouri State on Wednesday to have a chance at a top-8 finish in the MVC.
11. UIC (7-22, 3-11 Horizon). Last week: 11
UIC failed to gain any ground in the race for a Horizon League Tournament home game. The Flames lost to Milwaukee and Oakland last week, keeping them tied with Wright State for 7th place in the conference.
UIC will earn the final conference tournament home slot if it beats Wright State at home Saturday.
12. Western Illinois (8-17, 3-11 Summit). Last week: 12
Western Illinois has lost six straight games and 11 of its last 12. The Leathernecks have a difficult end to the season with road games against IUPUI and IPFW.
13. Chicago State (6-22, 2-9 WAC). Last week: 13
Chicago State was held to 31 points Saturday in a loss at Seattle. If the Cougars are going to climb out of last place, they need to defend their home court this week against Grand Canyon and Utah Valley.