1. Illinois (17-9, 7-6 Big Ten). Last week: 1
Illinois defeated Michigan in overtime to avoid a bad loss but couldn’t capitalize Sunday on an opportunity for a big win, falling at Wisconsin. The Illini are off until Sunday, when they host Michigan State.
2. Illinois State (15-11, 7-7 MVC). Last week: 3
Illinois State has lost three straight games, although the last two against Northern Iowa and Wichita State were expected. The Redbirds’ next three games are against teams below .500 in MVC play.
3. DePaul (12-14, 6-7 Big East). Last week: 2
DePaul has lost five of its last six games, and the only win during that stretch came at home against a Seton Hall team that is also struggling. The Blue Demons have a chance to end their slide Wednesday with Providence coming to Allstate Arena.
4. Northwestern (11-14, 2-10 Big Ten). Last week: 4
Northwestern ended its 10-game losing streak Sunday with an overtime win against Iowa. The Wildcats have a pair of winnable games this week at Minnesota and at home against Penn State.
5. Loyola (16-10, 6-8 MVC). Last week: 5
Loyola has won three of its last four games. Last week, the Ramblers defeated Southern Illinois and Bradley. They have tougher matchups this week against Northern Iowa and Illinois State.
6. Eastern Illinois (15-11, 8-5 OVC). Last week: 6
Eastern Illinois failed to complete the season sweep of SIU-Edwardsville, falling 80-63 to the Cougars on Saturday. The Panthers play their final two home games of the season this week against Tennessee-Martin and Southeast Missouri State.
7. Northern Illinois (10-13, 4-8 MAC). Last week: 9
Northern Illinois split its two games last week, beating Ball State but losing to Western Michigan. The Huskies are still in fifth place in the MAC West.
8. Southern Illinois (10-17, 3-11 MVC). Last week: 7
Southern Illinois had a tough week with close losses to Loyola and Evansville. The Salukis have three more tough games coming up: vs. Wichita State, at Indiana State, and at Illinois State.
9. Bradley (8-19, 3-11 MVC). Last week: 8
Bradley lost a pair of close games last week to Drake and Loyola. The Braves are now tied for last place in the MVC, and three of their final four games are against teams in the top half of the conference.
10. SIU-Edwardsville (10-14, 6-7 OVC). Last week: 10
SIU-Edwardsville ended a three-game losing streak Saturday with its win against Eastern Illinois. The Cougars can move into fourth place in the OVC West with a win against Southeast Missouri State on Wednesday.
11. UIC (7-20, 3-9 Horizon). Last week: 11
UIC had another strong week in the Horizon League. The Flames won at Wright State and then battled with second-place Cleveland State in a 67-59 road loss.
12. Western Illinois (8-15, 3-9 Summit). Last week: 12
Western Illinois fell at Oral Roberts and Nebraska-Omaha last week and now has its second four-game losing streak of the season.
13. Chicago State (6-20, 2-7 WAC). Last week: 13
In its only game of the week, Chicago State lost at home to UMKC. The Cougars will be on the road this week against Bakersfield and Seattle.