- Loyola moves to 3-0 in Spain
- Loyola opens Spain trip with victory
- Big man Cameron Krutwig commits to Loyola
- UIC releases 2016-17 non-conference schedule
- Bradley alumni rekindle Cinderella magic at summer tournament
- Local names to play in The Basketball Tournament
- Horizon League changes conference tournament format
- Olaniyan to transfer from SIU
- DePaul announces 2016-17 non-conference schedule
- Arcidiacono and Ochefu find summer league homes
Illinois forward Darius Paul arrested
Illinois forward Darius Paul was arrested Tuesday morning, the Champaign-Urbana News-Gazette reported. He was arrested for underage drinking and resisting a police officer.
Paul, 20, admitted to “drinking a large amount of alcohol” in his apartment, according to the News-Gazette’s report. The report also said Paul’s offenses are Class A misdemeanors with a maximum penalty of 364 days.
Paul, who sat out and redshirted last season after transferring from Western Michigan, is expected to be a key player for the Illini in the 2014-15 season. He averaged 10.4 points and 5.7 for the Broncos as a freshman.
It will be interesting to see if/how his arrest affects his status with the team.