1. Northwestern (10-11, 3-5 Big Ten). Last week: 3
Northwestern’s two-game winning streak ended with a 76-50 loss to Iowa on Saturday. The Wildcats are on the road this week against Wisconsin and Minnesota.
2. Illinois (13-8, 2-6 Big Ten). Last week: 1
Illinois’ free fall continued with losses to Ohio State and Indiana last week. The Illini have now lost six straight games, and their next two games are against nationally ranked opponents.
3. DePaul (10-11, 2-6 Big East). Last week: 2
DePaul fell to Xavier and Seton Hall last week. The Blue Demons now sit in ninth place in the Big East, one game ahead of last-place Butler.
4. Illinois State (11-9, 4-4 MVC). Last week: 4
Illinois State lost twice last week, but to the MVC’s two best teams: Wichita State and Indiana State. The Redbirds have an easier go this week with games against Bradley and Drake.
5. Chicago State (9-11, 4-2 WAC). Last week: 5
Chicago State had a chance to move back into first place in the WAC, but the Cougars lost by seven points at Utah Valley.
6. Loyola (8-12, 3-5 MVC). Last week: 6
Loyola ended a two-game slide with an overtime victory against Northern Iowa. The Ramblers will have their hands full Tuesday at Wichita State.
7. Bradley (8-13, 3-5 MVC). Last week: 7
Bradley’s two-game winning streak ended Sunday with a 66-60 loss at Evansville. The Braves now sit tied for sixth place in the MVC.
8. Eastern Illinois (7-13, 4-5 OVC). Last week: 10
Eastern Illinois went 1-1 on its road trip to Tennessee-Martin and Southeast Missouri State. The Panthers return to non-conference play Tuesday against Cleveland State.
9. SIU-Edwardsville (7-14, 4-4 OVC). Last week: 11
SIU-Edwardsville sits in second place in the OVC West after winning at Tennessee-Martin on Saturday. The Cougars will face Eastern Illinois on Saturday.
10. Western Illinois (8-12, 2-3 Summit). Last week: 12
Western Illinois is tied for fifth place in the Summit League entering a three-game road trip.
11. Southern Illinois (6-15, 2-6 MVC). Last week: 8
Southern Illinois lost close games to Missouri State and Drake last week. The Salukis have now lost four of their last five and seven of their last nine.
12. Northern Illinois (7-11, 1-5 MAC). Last week: 9
Northern Illinois has lost four games in a row entering a tough road game at Kent State on Wednesday.
13. UIC (5-16, 0-7 Horizon). Last week: 13
UIC’s season of heartbreak continued at Oakland on Saturday. The Flames lost a double-digit lead in the second half, and Golden Grizzly guard Duke Mondy drained a buzzer-beater to cap off the comeback.