- St. John’s freshman and Chris Mullin played horse for the coach’s retired jersey number
- VIDEO: McIntosh discusses legacy of Northwestern point guards, upcoming season and more
- 5 thoughts from UIC’s open scrimmage
- Two Illinois State players charged with misdemeanor theft
- ISU’s Hawkins suspended indefinitely
- 2016-17 Big East season preview
- Doyle named to preseason All-MVC second team
- Loyola tabbed seventh in MVC preseason poll
- 2016-17 WAC season preview
- Where did CBS rank the five Chicago schools?
Illinois College Basketball Rankings for the Week of December 2
Voters: Jesse Kramer (The Catch and Shoot), Beau Spencer (My Summit League), Tom Fornelli (The Champaign Room), Mark Primiano (The Champaign Room), Loretta8 (Sippin’ On Purple), Sean Hammond (The Daily Illini), Johnathan Hettinger (The Daily Illini), Erik Prado (The Daily Illini), and Kevin Trahan (Inside Northwestern).
1. Illinois (7-0), 117 points. Last week: 1
Illinois picked up a solid win at UNLV on Tuesday and then survived IPFW’s upset bid Friday. The Fighting Illini begin a two-game road trip at Georgia Tech on Tuesday.
2. DePaul (4-3), 107 points. Last week: 2
DePaul finished last at the CBE Classic with losses to Wichita State and Texas, but it rebounded with a weekend win against Oregon State. The Blue Demons will host Arizona State on Friday night.
3. Northwestern (4-4), 94 points. Last week: 3
Northwestern lost by double digits to Missouri and UCLA last week in Las Vegas, making the Wildcats 0-3 this season against teams from BCS conferences. They will wrap up their three-game road trip at North Carolina State on Wednesday night.
4. Bradley (5-2), 90 points. Last week: 5
Bradley ended a two-game slide with a win against Texas-Pan American on Saturday night.
5. Illinois State (3-4), 84 points. Last week: 4
Illinois State opened the week with a loss to Vermont but bounced back with wins against Sonoma State and San Francisco. The Redbirds return home to face Chicago State and Dayton this week.
6. Loyola (3-5), 60 points. Last week: 8
Loyola fought hard at Mississippi State on Sunday but lost, 65-64, in overtime. It was the Ramblers’ second overtime game in their last three outings and their fourth straight game decided by four or fewer points. All of their games against Division I competition have been decided by no more than six points.
7. Chicago State (3-4), 57 points. Last week: 11
Chicago State ended its three-game losing streak with a win against Southern Illinois. The Cougars will look for their first road victory of the season at Illinois State on Wednesday.
8. Southern Illinois (2-6), 51 points. Last week: 7
Southern Illinois finished sixth at the Gulf Coast Showcase with a win against Stetson and losses to Saint Bonaventure and San Diego. The Salukis then lost to Chicago State on Saturday.
9. Eastern Illinois (3-4), 50 points. Last week: 6
Eastern Illinois dropped below .500 last week with losses to IPFW and Western Kentucky. Next up for the Panthers is Western Illinois on Wednesday.
10. UIC (3-4), 48 points. Last week: 10
UIC finished third at the Gulf Coast Showcase with solid wins against San Diego and Wagner, although it was blown out by Louisiana Tech. The Flames host Southern Methodist on Wednesday and then play at Loyola this weekend.
11. Western Illinois (2-4), 29 points. Last week: 9
Western Illinois defeated Greenvile on Saturday, but the Leathernecks are still winless against Division I teams. They can change that on Wednesday when they host Eastern Illinois.
12. Northern Illinois (2-4), 20 points. Last week: 13
Northern Illinois had a strong showing at Nebraska on Saturday but lost, 63-58. The Huskies will host Dartmouth on Thursday night.
13. SIU-Edwardsville (1-6), 12 points. Last week: 12
In its only game of the week, SIU-Edwardsville lost at Oregon State, 101-81. The Cougars return home for Texas-Pan American and Central Michigan this week.