- Loyola moves to 3-0 in Spain
- Loyola opens Spain trip with victory
- Big man Cameron Krutwig commits to Loyola
- UIC releases 2016-17 non-conference schedule
- Bradley alumni rekindle Cinderella magic at summer tournament
- Local names to play in The Basketball Tournament
- Horizon League changes conference tournament format
- Olaniyan to transfer from SIU
- DePaul announces 2016-17 non-conference schedule
- Arcidiacono and Ochefu find summer league homes
Fifth-year transfer Jay Harris chooses UIC
UIC picked up a late addition to its 2014-15 roster with Wagner transfer Jay Harris choosing to join the Flames. Harris will be eligible immediately for the start of the season.
Harris averaged 10.3 points and shot 38.6% on 3-pointers last season for the Seahawks. Prior to his time in New York, he played a pair of seasons at Valparaiso in the Horizon League. He averaged 9.0 points for the Crusaders as a sophomore.
“Jay will add tremendous experience to our program,” UIC head coach Howard Moore said. “He has played and excelled in several high-pressure games throughout his career and he will serve as a great resource to our underclassmen and newcomers. He’s a fantastic shooter and the ultimate competitor.”
Harris is one of four transfers joining the Flames for the 2014-15 season. He joins junior college transfers D’Juan Miller, Kaylen Shane and Jason McClellan. UIC also adds a pair of freshmen in Tai Odiase and David Ramon.