- MVC Roundtable: Newcomer of the Year, Southern Illinois and more
- Growth starting to show as UIC wins 2nd of last 3 games
- Rapid Reaction: UIC 64, Wright State 59
- Rapid Reaction: Loyola 54, Bradley 43
- Villanova backs up defensive numbers with dominant effort against DePaul
- Rapid Reaction: No. 1 Villanova 86, DePaul 59
- Chicago Weekly Awards, Feb. 8
- Illinois Rankings for the Week of Feb. 8
- Loyola upsets Southern Illinois, 73-59
- Creighton rocks DePaul, 88-66
Blind Resumes: Evaluating Bubble Teams Based Solely On Their 2012-13 Résumé
It’s finally the last week of February. The first conference tournaments begin in one week, and Selection Sunday is fewer than three weeks away.
Bubble talk is beginning to peak as some teams are beginning to fade to the NIT and others are making a final run to a NCAA tournament at-large bid.
Here are the résumés of two unnamed bubble teams, and it is up to you to decide which one is more deserving of a bid to the 2013 NCAA Tournament. You can vote in the poll at the end of the post and/or voice your opinion in the comments section below.
Remember, the point of looking at these blind résumés is not to guess which teams they belong to. You are trying to evaluate whether “Team A” or “Team B” is worthy of making the Big Dance.
Overall record: 19-9
Conference Record: 9-6
Record vs. RPI Top 25: 2-4
Record vs. RPI Top 50: 2-6
Record vs. RPI Top 100: 5-7
Sub-100 Losses: 2
Strength of Schedule: No. 77
Overall record: 16-10
Conference Record: 8-6
Record vs. RPI Top 25: 0-2
Record vs. RPI Top 50: 2-4
Record vs. RPI Top 100: 7-9
Sub-100 Losses: 1
Strength of Schedule: No. 30