- Bruno Skokna continues emergence as Loyola pummels Wright State
- Loyola holds electric scorer Mark Alstork in check with disciplined defense
- Fans rush court as Indiana State upsets No. 16 Butler on Larry Bird’s birthday
- DePaul pulls away from Lamar for 80-61 victory
- Chicago Weekly Awards, Dec. 5
- Horizon League Power Rankings, Dec. 5
- UIC dominated defensively in 90-76 loss to Eastern Illinois
- DePaul adds 3-star Paul Reed to 2017 class
- Leitao views Northwestern as a model for how DePaul can grow
- Loyola shows growth in late-game situations in win over SDSU
The Catch and Shoot is a comprehensive college basketball website based in the Chicago metropolitan area that focuses on college basketball news in the Greater Chicago Area and the Midwest. We also provides news and opinions on players, teams, and conferences from across the country when we feel like it.
We provide extensive coverage during the college basketball season and offseason, giving plenty of attention to both the big boys and the under-appreciated mid-major darlings.
Have any questions or comments? Contact us!
You may notice when reading our content that a ranked team has two numbers separated by a slash before it. For example, No. 10/13 Texas. The first number is from the AP Top 25, and the second is from The Catch and Shoot Top 25. If the rankings in the AP and The Catch and Shoot are the same, then only one number will be listed with no slashes.
Jesse Kramer (@Jesse_Kramer)
Jesse Kramer is the founder and editor-in-chief of The Catch and Shoot. He is a senior at the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University. He also covers Northwestern basketball and football for Wildcat Digest on 247Sports.
In the past, he has worked for Sports Illustrated, Bleacher Report, The Daily Northwestern and the Riverdale Press.
He is from The Bronx in New York City, where he was brought up on Manhattan College basketball. Later on Fordham, Iona, Columbia, LIU Brooklyn and St. John’s joined the mix.
Send tips/inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tim Balk (@TimBalk)
Tim Balk is a sophomore at Northwestern University studying journalism. He is also the assistant opinion editor for The Daily Northwestern.
Eduardo Martinez (@emarti45)
Eduardo Martinez is graduated from University of Illinois in 2011 and specializes in recruiting reporting for The Catch and Shoot. He has also worked for Gold and Green News (Colorado State’s Rivals site) and The Sporting Nation, among others.
Derek Spallone (@DSSpallone)
Derek Spallone is a multimedia journalist from the Chicago area. He also works with Hidden Diamond Sports and The Chicago Wolves.