- Toughness lifts Loyola to 65-58 win in Game 1 of CBI finals
- Promising freshmen Jordan Caroline and Deion Lavender transferring from Southern Illinois
- Report: Dave Leitao to return to DePaul as head coach
- Bradley scores big hire in Green Bay’s Brian Wardle
- New UIC coach Steve McClain sets expectations high
- Earl Peterson cues late run as Loyola advances to CBI championship
- Loyola avoids disastrous collapse, advances to CBI semifinal matchup with Seattle
- Forward Gavin Thurman transferring from Missouri State after semester
- Tre’ Bennett and Austin Etherington will transfer from Indiana State
- Bradley fires head coach Geno Ford
The Catch and Shoot is a comprehensive college basketball website based in the Chicago metropolitan area that focuses on college basketball news in the Greater Chicago Area and the Midwest. We also provides news and opinions on players, teams, and conferences from across the country when we feel like it.
We provide extensive coverage during the college basketball season and offseason, giving plenty of attention to both the big boys and the under-appreciated mid-major darlings.
Have any questions or comments? Contact us!
You may notice when reading our content that a ranked team has two numbers separated by a slash before it. For example, No. 10/13 Texas. The first number is from the AP Top 25, and the second is from The Catch and Shoot Top 25. If the rankings in the AP and The Catch and Shoot are the same, then only one number will be listed with no slashes.
Jesse Kramer (@Jesse_Kramer)
Jesse Kramer is the founder and editor-in-chief of The Catch and Shoot. He is a sophomore at the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University, where he also writes for The Daily Northwestern. This season, he is also part of the Madness Breakdown crew as Northwestern’s team editor. In the past, he has worked as a Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report, as a sports reporter for the Riverdale Press, and as sports editor for Heschel Helios, his high school’s newspaper.
He is from The Bronx in New York City, specifically the Riverdale neighborhood, where he was brought up on Manhattan College basketball. Later on Fordham, Iona, Columbia, LIU Brooklyn and St. John’s joined the mix. In addition to being a college basketball junkie, he is also a Star Wars junkie, photography junkie and music junkie.
Send tips/inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tommy Mantice (@TomManticeWVUR)
Tommy is a junior at Valparaiso and covers the Crusaders for The Catch and Shoot.